[Kstars-devel] Problem with "What's Interesting"

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue May 14 06:58:41 UTC 2013

Hi

I don't know if anyone else here is encountering a problem with trying
to use the "What's Interesting" tool in master.

For me, the widget shows nothing, and the console has error messages
like:
file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:886:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:796:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:773:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:743:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n

So, it looks like a problem with i18n. The techbase wiki as some
information about i18n() usage in QML:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n#QML

Oddly, Samikshan's work worked perfectly fine for me in the
gsoc2012-samxan branch. I don't know if others are encountering
similar issues, and if something changed during the merge...