[Kstars-devel] SVG finder charts, scripting improvements and automated finder chart generation

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:05:07 UTC 2013

> Yes, that's true. The best case is to have good documentation. I tried
> to make the names of the parameters as clear as possible (for example
> getDSSURL() accepts RA_J2000_Degrees. But it would help to have
> documentation.

Well I'm willing to write documentation. But there're some questions. Does
official documentation for DBUS API exists for any KDE program?
If it does exist we can copy their approach. Google can't find anything
so I presume there's no such thing.

Where to place it? Handbook is nice. It's translated in many languages.
But it's written in docbook and I (and other people too) just don't want to
touch it. It makes harder to keep documentation current.

Also I found handbooks for KDE software mostly useless.

> Also, it shouldn't be this way, but adding the methods to DBus did not
> update the Script Builder -- the script builder doesn't have the new
> methods included.

I think when we have proper documentation we could drop script builder.
It's terribly limited. It cannot even handle if construct.