[Kstars-devel] SVG finder charts, scripting improvements and automated finder chart generation

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:21:20 UTC 2013

> Yes D-Bus introspection does compensate for absense of documentation. It
> doesn't explain what does function do or what meaning parameters have. We
> need proper documentation.

Hi Aleksey

Yes, that's true. The best case is to have good documentation. I tried
to make the names of the parameters as clear as possible (for example
getDSSURL() accepts RA_J2000_Degrees. But it would help to have
documentation.

I don't know if Introspect can also return proper documentation. The
methods themselves have documentation in kstars.h (look at all the
Q_SCRIPTABLE methods)

Also, it shouldn't be this way, but adding the methods to DBus did not
update the Script Builder -- the script builder doesn't have the new
methods included.

Have a look at scriptbuilder.cpp -- that's where documentation that
appears in the scriptbuilder is supplied. But it looks like there has
to be a better way to do this than to have to edit two different
places everytime.

(BTW, org.kde.kstars.xml can be updated by running qdbuscpp2xml -a -o
org.kde.kstars.xml kstarsactions.cpp kstars.h kstarsdcop.cpp -- I
don't think kstarsdcop.cpp is really needed, but I just put it in
anyway)