[Kstars-devel] SVG finder charts, scripting improvements and automated finder chart generation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Jan 25 19:29:15 UTC 2013

написане Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:05:07 +0200, Aleksey Khudyakov
<alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>:

>> Yes, that's true. The best case is to have good documentation. I tried
>> to make the names of the parameters as clear as possible (for example
>> getDSSURL() accepts RA_J2000_Degrees. But it would help to have
>> documentation.
>>
> Well I'm willing to write documentation. But there're some questions.
> Does
> official documentation for DBUS API exists for any KDE program?
> If it does exist we can copy their approach. Google can't find anything
> so I presume there's no such thing.
>
> Where to place it? Handbook is nice. It's translated in many languages.
> But it's written in docbook and I (and other people too) just don't want
> touch it. It makes harder to keep documentation current.
>
> Also I found handbooks for KDE software mostly useless.
>

>> Also, it shouldn't be this way, but adding the methods to DBus did not
>> update the Script Builder -- the script builder doesn't have the new
>> methods included.
>>
> I think when we have proper documentation we could drop script builder.
> It's terribly limited. It cannot even handle if construct.

Hi,

The template of D-Bus chapter can be copied from KAlarm docs [1, 2].

Or if you do not like XML so much you can write a page on TechBase or
UserBase (both are translatable now) and add a link to your "useless"
handbook to make it somewhat useful.

Or you can convert written wiki page into DocBook [1].

Or you can write it as unformatted text and send it to
kde-doc-english at kde.org.

Or you can write it in LibreOffice and save as XML then copy-paste the
relevant content to the handbook.

There are many ways, it takes a man just to start moving. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook