[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2012: Project Introduction: Logs and Data

Rishab Arora ra.rishab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:44:56 UTC 2012

Hey Aleksey!

I'll maintain communication using the mailing list for sure.

Regarding the observation logs, currently we have a feature which lets us
save a plain text entry for named objects (accessed by right clicking ->
logs). So if you wish to store what you saw while observing, say Saturn,
you'll have to explicitly state all information like the equipment you've
used, date, time etc which is already available to KStars.
I plan to replace this view with a new interface linked with a database.
Hence, when you right click and select Logs in the proposed implementation,
you'll get a list of all previous entries. And the option to add new
entries. And to export these entries (as OAL files, hopefully)