[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2012: Project Introduction: Logs and Data

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:53:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Rishab Arora <ra.rishab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone! :)

> a. building a log viewer which will enable users to 'store' observation logs
> in an internal database

Could you elaborate this, In particular what are observation logs and how do
you plan to store them? There are some feature which is vaguely simalar,
although it doesn't seem to be very usable.

> b. improving the way data files handled, specifically the parsing of text
> files. I'll be making it more robust and extensible.

Yes. Currently text files are parsed in very ad hoc way. We had few crash
bugs because parsers didn't check for all cases. It will be useful by itself.

> Akarsh is my mentor for this project and I'm already getting a
> glimpse of all the excitement (and lots of work! ) awaiting me. :) I'll be
> blogging about the project and my experiences at blog.

Please keep you email communication on the mailing list. Probably
I and others will have something to say as well