[Kstars-devel] Should KStars do GCI 2011?

Rafał Kułaga rl.kulaga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:47:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

Yep, fixing KStars' bugs is both hard and takes _much_ longer than
expected; fixing and extending OAL stuff took Lukasz over two months
and I still find some imperfections.

So, just a few ideas about what GCI 2011/2012 students could do for KStars:

* Throughly test OAL support - Lukasz has added support for OAL
extensions (mainly for deep sky observations), but I guess it might
still be a little buggy. It would be great if someone could test it
before it is merged into master.
* As "sky guides" feature will also be merged in near future, it would
be nice to have a few guides made (this basically requires only the
knowledge of XML and XSD).

>From what I've read about GCI, I see it's not only about coding. To be
honest, I doubt that any serious programming tasks are a good choice
for this program, but I have a few pieces of code marked for
refactoring (not related to computations) that should be easy enough
to do for GCI guys.

Cheers,
Rafal