[Kstars-devel] Re: branches/kstars/carbonix/kstars

Victor Carbune victor.carbune at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:28:21 CET 2011

Hi Akarsh,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:43:49AM +0100, Victor Carbune wrote:
>> SVN commit 1214504 by vcarbune:
>>
>> Successfully merged revisions in trunk in this branch!
>> We have OpenGL and database compiling and running OK together.
>>
>> More work on the database coming soon.
>
> Oh cool. If it is in usable state (no regressions etc), why don't you
> merge it into trunk right away and continue additional work on the
> branch?
The branch needs work, trunk needs work, I'm afraid that merging it in
trunk will get a lot of work which needs to be done in steps. I would
like to work us to work more with code reviews on the trunk,
especially if we decide to get the three parts split.

I'm just trying to avoid getting a trunk with a lot of fixing needed.

> Also, I think we should restart discussions with Stellarium team about
> how they manage data. I just looked at some old threads and one of the
> topics we were talking about there is a relational database. I think
> we should let them know that we have this, and see if they want to use
> it. If we all migrate our data into a common database, that would be
> very good. What do you think Victor?
I'm not sure about telling them to use our data, but it would be great
to have a discussion about creating a common database resource for
celestial objects!

Victor