[Kstars-devel] Re : Hi, newbie feedback and questions

Médéric Boquien mboquien at free.fr
Fri Sep 18 17:46:31 CEST 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 11:40:37 Fabien wrote:
> I am sorry, I didn't know it was possible to run kstars on other platform
> than Linux. Where is the installer or KStars binary for Windows? ;-)

http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/kdewin-installer-gui-
latest.exe

> Last time I tried KDE for Windows, I didn't get it to work, I think I am
> not smart enough to make it work and it should be reserved for advanced
> users.

That's quite straightforward. Just select the kdeedu package in the installer,
wait a few minutes and that's it. KStars is in the windows menu.

> I don't wan't to put an entire KDE system on top of my Windows
> system which I find slow enough.

There is no need to install the enitre KDE system. Just the libs basically.
The installer takes care of that anyway.

Regards,

Médéric