[Kstars-devel] Hi, newbie feedback and questions

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:23:26 CEST 2009

Hi Fabien

Glad to know you liked KStars!

>    - I didn't find a way to hide the tools panel, when I uncheck them in the
>    menu, they are hided but when I restart KStarts, they came back.

This seems fixable; please report it as a bug on our Bugzilla,
http://bugs.kde.org - that's easier to keep track of.

>    - A lot of configuration windows are quite too big for my screen, I can
>    move them using Alt key, but it is very boring not to see the entire
>    window on my screen, doing fine windows manipulation in the dark is not
>    very easy.

IIRC, this is a bug already filed on our bugzilla, but I have no clue
how to fix it... maybe others could pitch in.

>    - I did not find a way to show Messier or NGC objects names on the screen,
>    ok the object are plotted but not their name. I'd liked to show any object
>    until a certain magnitude, then show all these object and there names on
>    the map. The goal is to see an unknown object not too far of my scope
>    current pos, and to try to observe it.

Same with this. This should be implementable too.

>    - it  could be fine if there was some colours schemes that use the current
>    colours but less luminous, because netbooks screen luminosity can be
>    lowered to a certain point but not less, and it still too much for a scope
>    observer, and the reddish style is clearly not useable.

I don't know how to fix this off hand - maybe Med would know?