[Kstars-devel] Reorganisation of the sources layout

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:45:44 CET 2009

Hi

I like the idea as well.

> Here is a suggestion: the classes in your skybodies/ directory are
> descendants of SkyObject so I think they would go better in the
> skyobjects/ directory because they are all SkyObjects, although
> they might go into a subdirectory under skyobjects/.  I think
> the directory structure should follow the class structure where
> this is possible.  Also, some of the classes that you have in the
> skyobjects/ directory are not SkyObject descendants which could
> be confusing.

I agree with James here. It makes more sense to put ksplanetbase and
subclasses into skyobjects. Maybe having another subdirectory inside
is a little too hirearchical, but if it makes things more clear, why
not?

> Also, Akarsh might be using this time to make substantial modifications
> so we would want to coordinate the commits for the minimum disturbance
> of ongoing work.

I guess that isn't going to be much of a problem at present, since
most of my work till date falls into four files. I could wait for
Médéric to finish his changes before I make widespread changes, if
any. (Exam time + Astronomy time here ;-) )