[Kstars-devel] Reorganisation of the sources layout

Médéric Boquien mederic.boquien at laposte.net
Mon Feb 23 14:31:37 CET 2009

Le Monday 23 February 2009 07:45:44 Akarsh Simha, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> I like the idea as well.
>
> > Here is a suggestion: the classes in your skybodies/ directory are
> > descendants of SkyObject so I think they would go better in the
> > skyobjects/ directory because they are all SkyObjects, although
> > they might go into a subdirectory under skyobjects/.  I think
> > the directory structure should follow the class structure where
> > this is possible.  Also, some of the classes that you have in the
> > skyobjects/ directory are not SkyObject descendants which could
> > be confusing.
>
> I agree with James here. It makes more sense to put ksplanetbase and
> subclasses into skyobjects. Maybe having another subdirectory inside
> is a little too hirearchical, but if it makes things more clear, why
> not?

OK, i will move skybodies into skyobjects. I prefer not to put the files in the
same directory though as functionality wise i think it makes more sense. I
will add a note in the README file as suggested by James.

> > Also, Akarsh might be using this time to make substantial modifications
> > so we would want to coordinate the commits for the minimum disturbance
> > of ongoing work.
>
> I guess that isn't going to be much of a problem at present, since
> most of my work till date falls into four files. I could wait for
> Médéric to finish his changes before I make widespread changes, if
> any. (Exam time + Astronomy time here ;-) )

I can try to move the files in several times, starting by small and non
controversial things such as cfitsio or xplanet related ones. That would allow
to catch any mistake early on too.

Regards,

Médéric