[Kstars-devel] Simplification KStarsData init.

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 22:35:53 CEST 2009

В сообщении от Вторник 11 августа 2009 18:56:13 автор Médéric Boquien написал:
> The initialisation code is likely the most awful part in kstars. I had a
> look a few months ago trying to understand why some data were loaded
> several times. I improved a bit but that was still not satisfying. So it
> would be great if you could simplify the code. It is so convoluted for now
> it is hard to touch it.

No, it's only second. First place rightfully belongs to saturnmoons. That's
the real mess. (-:

I've simplified initialization code a little. However because everything is
very convoluted and depends on each other I had to refactor SkyMap a lot.
Patchset is big ~20 patches. They affect KStars and SkyMap classes. So if you
have work that could be damaged by carpet patch-bombing tell me I'll wait with
commit.

I'm not sure that now code will work in every border case. But it's work in
normal circumstances and it could be simplified  further. Then it would be
easier to reason about them.

P.S. I found that there are a lot of unused code in KStars. Do anyone knows
methods to find unused functions automatically. It would make refactoring
easier.