[Kstars-devel] Binary File Data and Associated Tools

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:17:17 CEST 2008

Hi Jason

It depends on which tarball you picked up. The new files don't support
names in the way they did earlier, so you can't query names with the
binfiletester. The reason for this is that we no longer store
'named_uid' fields, and the bright / named star file is designed to be
read sequentially.
Or, maybe the tarball was corrupt?

The trouble is that I haven't spent any time polishing the
binfiletester app. The newer version doesn't read names, but it
doesn't reflect that change in the usage statement as yet. I'll fix
these important things and commit to the branch today.