[Kstars-devel] Duplication for proper motion, the inaccurate way

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 7 01:34:51 CEST 2008

On Sun July 6 2008, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Assuming that we go by the inaccurate formulae that we currently use
> for proper motion, it seems that we will require just about 2.1%
> duplication for +/- 10000 years, taking the 50 arcmin tolerance into
> account.

Wow, that's great Akarsh.  Nice scatter plot.

You mentioned you are using a script to do this.  If it is a Perl
script, could you do the same calculation with the correct formula
I sent you and Jason?  My guess is that the duplication might increase
a little with the correct formula and I just want to be sure that the
increase is not significant.

I can resend the Perl code if that would be easier than searching for
it.  The subject line is "Correct Proper Motion correction in Perl".

--
Peace, James