[Kstars-devel] H400 test image file

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Wed Jun 27 07:50:16 CEST 2007

Hi Glenn,

Nice work, the images look great.

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 06:42:12 pm you wrote:
> http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/kstars_images.tar.gz

In case anyone needs installation instructions: just unzip the file, then 'cd
smaller', then copy the images to your $KDEHOME/share/apps/kstars directory.

Some of the inline images aren't showing up on my machine (I tried both 3.5
and trunk):  NGC 457, NGC 2392, and NGC 7686.  I think the problem is that
the angular size for these objects is not defined in the ngcic file.  The
symbols are being assigned some default angular size, but this doesn't appear
to happen for the image.

Some inline images are much smaller than their symbol; this can be fixed by
simply cropping away some of the padding around the object.

The inline image for NGC 4725 is off-center, and the position angle is
slightly wrong (KStars assumes that the major axis is horizontal in the
inline images).