[Kstars-devel] H400 test image file

Glenn Becker burningc at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Jun 27 16:24:41 CEST 2007

> Nice work, the images look great.

Thanks!

>> http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/kstars_images.tar.gz

In future what I am going to do is post updates to this file on my end &
alert the list when they are available. Not sure why I didn't think of
this before. I will provide an updated URL.

> Some of the inline images aren't showing up on my machine (I tried both 3.5
> and trunk):  NGC 457, NGC 2392, and NGC 7686.  I think the problem is that
> the angular size for these objects is not defined in the ngcic file.  The
> symbols are being assigned some default angular size, but this doesn't appear
> to happen for the image.

I noticed a few of them showed up suddenly at one particular zoom value
and then disappeared again ... I didn't make notes as to which ones were
affected, unfortunately. If this is indeed a problem in the ngcic file, is
it something I can help with?

> Some inline images are much smaller than their symbol; this can be fixed by
> simply cropping away some of the padding around the object.

I will correct this. I wasn't even thinking of transparent padding as
padding. D'oh! :^)

> The inline image for NGC 4725 is off-center, and the position angle is
> slightly wrong (KStars assumes that the major axis is horizontal in the
> inline images).

Willl work on tha one too.

Thanks

GB