[Kstars-devel] freeze date

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Aug 10 20:03:19 CEST 2007

Hello,

On the release-team mailing list we are hashing out a plan to postpone the
application freeze date until the release of beta2.  This is currently
scheduled for Aug 20th, but it may slip a bit.

While the decision has not yet been finalized, it looks like we still have 1.5
to 2 weeks to get new features in for 4.0.0.

Note that the messages freeze is supposed to happen on that date also.

We should compile a list of things we want to get into the 4.0 release, and
decide what is realistic.  Here's what I'd like to see:

+ (James) HTM and SkyLabeler
+ (Jasem) DBUS interfaces working, including the ScriptBuilder tool
+ (me) All Calculator modules updated to simplified layouts, including batch
modes.
+ (me) Use Quaternions instead of spherical trig to project the sky (much of
the infrastructure is in place, but I'm having trouble getting it working.
I've asked Torsten (author of marble) to help me with my implementation).

Anything else?  Do we have enough time to get these in (it doesn't have to be
perfect, we can bugfix after Aug 20th)?  I'm not sure I'll have time to
finish the Calculator, but I'll do my best.

regards,
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org