[Kstars-devel] kstars as a desktop

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon May 29 04:44:24 CEST 2006

Hi Brian,

Do you mean like this?  http://www.30doradus.org/desktop_july04.png

That's KStars running as a dynamic wallpaper, which can already be done using
the "--dump" option on the command line, and adding kstars to the Advanced
wallpaper section of KConfig.

However, from your mail, I guess you want to do something more than just have
a non-interactive image as the wallpaper.  You're thinking of being able to
"attach" icons on the desktop to the spherical projection of the sky, right?
It could be interesting, but it doesn't really have much to do with KStars.
With KDE-4.x, one could pretty easily write a desktop applet script that
attached icons to a spherical coordinate system.

It's possible that I don't yet understand what you're asking about, can you
elaborate a bit?

regards,
Jason

--