[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon May 29 17:06:12 CEST 2006

SVN commit 546242 by harris:

Implementing multiple map projections!

You now have a choice in how the sky map is projected:

Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area (this is the one we've been using)
Azimuthal Equidistant (similar to Lambert)
Orthographic (like viewing a globe)
Stereographic
Gnomonic (great circles are straight lines)

You can choose the projection in the View menu, or with the F5-F10 keys
TO get a feel for the differences, try zooming out to see the whole
projection and then switch between them.

WARNING: I renamed "getXY()" to "toScreen()" and "dXdYToRaDec()" to
"fromScreen()" to better reflect their complementary neature.  However,
I haven't yet changed fromScreen() to deal with the multiple map
projections, so things like mouse events won't work properly unless you
are using Lambert.

TODO: the Projection submenu items need to be radio-style items.

I also fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening the Configuration
window.  However, there are still problems with that window (after all,
this is the first time we've seen it in 4.x!)

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +3 -0      kstars.h
 M  +5 -0      kstars.kcfg
 M  +23 -1     kstarsactions.cpp
 M  +36 -4     kstarsinit.cpp
 M  +8 -0      kstarsui.rc
 M  +3 -3      opsguides.ui
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/asteroidscomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/cometscomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -2      skycomponents/constellationboundarycomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/constellationlinescomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/constellationnamescomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/coordinategridcomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/customcatalogcomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/deepskycomponent.cpp
 M  +5 -5      skycomponents/eclipticcomponent.cpp
 M  +5 -5      skycomponents/equatorcomponent.cpp
 M  +15 -15    skycomponents/horizoncomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/jupitermoonscomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -2      skycomponents/milkywaycomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -2      skycomponents/solarsystemlistcomponent.cpp
 M  +3 -3      skycomponents/solarsystemsinglecomponent.cpp
 M  +1 -1      skycomponents/starcomponent.cpp
 M  +42 -8     skymap.cpp
 M  +21 -13    skymap.h   [POSSIBLY UNSAFE: system]
 M  +5 -5      skymapdraw.cpp
 M  +7 -80     skymapevents.cpp
 M  +2 -2      skyobject.h
 M  +14 -0     skypoint.cpp