[Kstars-devel] FYI: large commit coming

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Jun 21 01:32:50 CEST 2006

Update: I'm stuck.

The code compiles, but I can't run the executable.  Iget this right away:

kstars: FATAL: Session bus not found

Which I deduce means that the dbus daemon needs to be running.  Instructions
on how to accomplish this are frustratingly absent from any of the
dbus-related docu I've seen.  But I did find a tangential mention in an
unrelated thread on kde-devel:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=115082869132523&w=2

However, when I try to start dbus as Thiago indicates in that thread, I get an
error:

$ eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`
Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
"/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory

I haven't found any information on how to fix this, so I am reluctant to
commit my changes at this time.

Perhaps if any of you have tried installing dbus-0.62, you could try the above
command to see if it works for you.  Please post your results to this thread.

thanks,
Jason