[Kstars-devel] Interesting HTM timing results

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jun 2 00:22:31 CEST 2006

Hi James,

On Thursday 01 June 2006 14:59, James Bowlin wrote:
> kstars: symbol lookup error: kstars: undefined symbol:
> _ZN11KPlotWidget16staticMetaObjectE

Argh, I've seen this too, it's very frustrating.  It means that the kstars
executable is being linked to the wrong library.  In this case, it looks like
the kdeeduplot library is to blame.

I bet you just need to run "sudo make install" in the libkdeedu directory.
cmake is smart enough to compile libkdeedu as a dependency, but somehow it
doesn't know that it should install these libs also.

Once you install the libs, run "make; make install" in kstars again, and it
should work.  If that fixes the problem for you, let me know and I'll post a
message on kde-devel asking whether this can be fixed.