[Kstars-devel] Interesting HTM timing results

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 1 23:59:01 CEST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 13:23, Jason Harris wrote:
> I realize I've given conflicting instructions on whether to use "-N" or not.
> The reason is, I don't know if cmake will panic if it doesn't see the full
> kdeedu module.  Maybe it will be fine.  So just try it with -N, and if that
> doesn't work you'll have to check out the whole module.

Not a problem.  I understood.  I did need to checkout the entire module and
I *almost* have a working kstars-4.0.

> Either way, let us know the result and I will update the svn.php page.

I did:

$ svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdeedu
$ mkdir build-kdeedu
$ cd build-kdeedu
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull ../kdeedu
$ cd kstars
$ sudo make
$ sudo install
$ which kstars
$ /usr/local/kde/4.0/bin/kstars
$ kstars
kstars: symbol lookup error: kstars: undefined symbol: _ZN11KPlotWidget16staticMetaObjectE

*sigh*

Note: I had to "sudo make" because otherwise the make would fail when
it tried to manipulate symlinks under $KDEDIR.

--
Peace, James