[Kstars-devel] KStars community message boards

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Feb 27 15:30:39 CET 2006

Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Personally I find mailing lists more convenient in that I can browse the
> discussions at offline leisure, but forums are more powerful, especially when
> search is available. But KDE-Forum? Are you sure the administration there
> responded well to you? Recently qt-forum and kde-forum have been taken over
> by a person who does not respond well to the community -- see
> http://qtcentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=2

Argh, you're right.  Somehow I thought it was only qt-forum that was
affected.  Well, after their initial reply I never heard back from them,
so who knows what is going on over there.  I'll just assume that option
is dead, and try to investigate other options.

>> as:  General Discussion, Custom Content, Telescopes and Hardware, New
>> Feature Ideas.  Any other ideas for Board topics?
>
> Yep, General Discussion splits into KStars Discussion and Astronomy
> Discussion. The latter would create a good userbase because people who come
> here from the net to ask astronomy related questions and then discover and
> star(t) using KStars.
>
> What is "Custom Content"? Is that equivalent to Miscellaneous?

No, Custom Content is meant for people sharing and discussing files that
they've created for use in KStars.  Anything from Observing Lists to
scripts to thumbnail image collections.