[Kstars-devel] KStars community message boards

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 09:34:59 CET 2006

Friday, 24 February 2006 21:51 samaye, Jason Harris alekhiit:

> think?  Are you interested in such a resource?  Do you think it will
> help build a more active KStars user community?

Personally I find mailing lists more convenient in that I can browse the
discussions at offline leisure, but forums are more powerful, especially when
search is available. But KDE-Forum? Are you sure the administration there
responded well to you? Recently qt-forum and kde-forum have been taken over
by a person who does not respond well to the community -- see
http://qtcentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=2

> as:  General Discussion, Custom Content, Telescopes and Hardware, New
> Feature Ideas.  Any other ideas for Board topics?

Yep, General Discussion splits into KStars Discussion and Astronomy
Discussion. The latter would create a good userbase because people who come
here from the net to ask astronomy related questions and then discover and
star(t) using KStars.

What is "Custom Content"? Is that equivalent to Miscellaneous?

--

Tux #395953 resides at http://samvit.org
playing with KDE 3.51 on SUSE Linux 10.0