[Kstars-devel] KStars community message boards

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Feb 24 17:21:40 CET 2006

Hello,

One of our users (José Luis) emailed me today, suggesting that we set up
a message board or mailing list for the KStars user community.  I think
this is a great idea; in fact, we've had a kstars-user at sourceforge.net
mailing list for years, but it's never been active, maybe because we
didn't advertise its existence very much.

Anyway, I think a web-based message board might be a better forum for
our user community.  I have asked the kde-forum.org people whether they
would be willing to host a forum for us, and they have just replied that
they would be glad to do it!

So, it looks like we are going to have community message boards soon.  I
am posting here to get feedback on this idea from my fellow developers
and any interested users who may be monitoring this list.  What do you
think?  Are you interested in such a resource?  Do you think it will
help build a more active KStars user community?

My idea is to have a few message boards targeting different topics, such
as:  General Discussion, Custom Content, Telescopes and Hardware, New
Feature Ideas.  Any other ideas for Board topics?

regards,