[Kstars-devel] questions re: gathering images

Glenn Becker burningc at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Dec 8 22:21:30 CET 2006

> As I said in one of my other messages yesterday, I have converted the current
> image gallery to use an alpha channel. The result seem good enough, but I had
> to tweak the alpha channel differently for each object.
>
> Anyway, the source images were not ideal, (the darker values were clipped , so
> there is a "step" in the transparency value, most images were low resolution
> or grayscale only and so on) so if you have better source images, it would
> pay off to use them.

I don't have any Messier images, I was exclusively looking for images of
the Herschel 400 objects. However, I would of course be happy to add the
Messier objects to my search.

In terms of the project as a whole and your work I don't know what would
be best to do - I could sideline the Herschel objects and switch to a
Messier search to put that gallery on the "front burner". I don't have
a strong preference, though it has been fun searching out images of more
obscure objects. :^)

Glenn Becker - burningc at sdf.lonestar.org