[Kstars-devel] questions re: gathering images

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Dec 8 22:13:52 CET 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 21:50, Glenn Becker wrote:
> >> I'd say it is an improvement.
> >
> > Heck yeah it is!  Thanks for the idea.
>
> That is really something. :^) It looks great.
>
> > I'll look into redoing all of the Messier images using this method,
> > unless you (Glenn) want to add Messier objects to your list?
>
> I can do that if you want.
>
> I just put the .ods spreadsheet up on my server & am going to spend some
> time gather some more images now.
>
> GB

As I said in one of my other messages yesterday, I have converted the current
image gallery to use an alpha channel. The result seem good enough, but I had
to tweak the alpha channel differently for each object.

Anyway, the source images were not ideal, (the darker values were clipped , so
there is a "step" in the transparency value, most images were low resolution
or grayscale only and so on) so if you have better source images, it would
pay off to use them.

If you want to see the new images in KStars 3.5, just copy them in
your .kde/share/apps/kstars directory.

Ciao, Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //