[Kstars-devel] I'm missing something for new UI file handling

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Apr 12 10:09:08 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 06:47, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> IIUC, among the changes to yesterday's kdelibs4_snapshot is the naming scheme
> for uic-generated headers: a file dialog.ui will now generate a header named
> ui_dialog.h.

If it's in the ui-4 format, yes.

> However, in KStars, our ui files no longer generate any headers at all.
It needs to be included so that it gets generated.

> They are listed in kstars_SOURCES in our Makefile.am, and I am using cmake with
> builddir != srcdir.  What am I missing?
?? cmake doesn't use Makefile.am. It uses CMakeLists.txt. You need to add a call to
kde4_add_ui_files there. Or kde4_add_ui3_files, but then you don't get a ui_foo.h of course.

> I noticed that the ui files are
> working in kalzium, so I compared the CMakeFiles/*.dir/depend.make files, and
> while kalzium's depend.make lists ui headers as dependencies, they are
> completely absent in our depend.make.
Must be the missing call to kde4_add_ui_files then.

> My references to the ui headers are all wrong in the source code, and I think
> this might be the reason, because it seems that depend.make is generated by
> analyzing #include's in the code (is it?).
Yes.