[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Jun 5 23:08:39 CEST 2005

Hi Pablo,

On Sunday 05 June 2005 08:11, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>
>    I have downloaded the new version from the SVN and tried to use it. It
> crashes when I click on OK. I attach the log. I will hav a look at the code
> this evening.

Ah, darn.  Do you get a valid preview from the "Preview" button?  I can't tell
from the log what the problem is.

> I have a couple of suggestions/questions:
>
>  - Which are the required fields?. If I prepare a catalog without major and
> minor axis, shall I get points in the map?. Sorry I have not had a look at
> the code yet.

Only RA and Dec are required.  If no major axis size is specified, it defaults
to 1 arcmin.

>  - Is there a possibility to have a type of object which is radioobject,
> and for which we have flux and not mag?. The brightness for sources is
> proportional to the flux, but this is not the case for magnitudes.

Sure, we'd just have to derive a RadioObject from SkyObject, and add an item
to the TYPE enum.

KStars: KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars