[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Pablo de Vicente p.devicente at wanadoo.es
Sun Jun 5 17:11:26 CEST 2005

El Sábado, 4 de Junio de 2005 20:50, Jason Harris escribió:
> On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:38, Jason Harris wrote:
> > It's a pretty big commit, so please try it out and let me know what you
> > think and if there are issues.  To get you started, I will post a
> > sample catalog to the mailing list that you can play with.
>
> I've attached the sample catalog.  The fields are:  ID number, Object type,
> RA, Dec, mag, major axis, minor axis, position angle, and common name.
>
> Jason

Hello Jason,

   I have downloaded the new version from the SVN and tried to use it. It
crashes when I click on OK. I attach the log. I will hav a look at the code
this evening.

I have a couple of suggestions/questions:

 - Which are the required fields?. If I prepare a catalog without major and
minor axis, shall I get points in the map?. Sorry I have not had a look at
the code yet.

 - Is there a possibility to have a type of object which is radioobject, and
for which we have flux and not mag?. The brightness for sources is
proportional to the flux, but this is not the case for magnitudes.

regards

Pablo.