[Kstars-devel] RFC: Redesing of KStars

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Jul 31 20:19:00 CEST 2005

On Saturday 30 July 2005 04:17, Thomas Kabelmann wrote:
> Since this is a big job, I would hear your opinion about the idea and how
> we could realize it. Should we open a new branch, or should this work done
> in KDE4 branch?
>
>I think the kde4 branch (trunk) is a perfect place to do this.
>Jason

Just one concern, is it a good idea to develop trunk/3.5 concurrently? If we
go ahead with that, we might introduce some bugs in the 3.5/trunk merge
before we even start working on Qt4 conversion.

How about creating a branch from the existing 3.5 branch (kstars_skymap) and
once changes and testing are performed, we merge kstars_skymap with our main
3.5 and then we simple sync trunk to that and begin Qt4 stuff. The goal of
kstars_skymap is not the release of 3.5 but 4.0, but it might be better if
it branches off from 3.5 instead of trunk.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jasem