[Kstars-devel] RFC: Redesing of KStars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Jul 31 17:33:11 CEST 2005

I don't think the 3.5 branch is going to change very much.  I am done with
everything I wanted to do, just have bugfixing left.  Do you have more to add
for 3.5, Jasem?  If so, I remind you that it has to be listed on the features
page by tomorrow:
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-features.html

On Sunday 31 July 2005 18:19, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 04:17, Thomas Kabelmann wrote:
> > Since this is a big job, I would hear your opinion about the idea and how
> > we could realize it. Should we open a new branch, or should this work
> > done in KDE4 branch?
> >
> >I think the kde4 branch (trunk) is a perfect place to do this.
> >Jason
>
> Just one concern, is it a good idea to develop trunk/3.5 concurrently? If
> we go ahead with that, we might introduce some bugs in the 3.5/trunk merge
> before we even start working on Qt4 conversion.
>
> How about creating a branch from the existing 3.5 branch (kstars_skymap)
> and once changes and testing are performed, we merge kstars_skymap with our
> main 3.5 and then we simple sync trunk to that and begin Qt4 stuff. The
> goal of kstars_skymap is not the release of 3.5 but 4.0, but it might be
> better if it branches off from 3.5 instead of trunk.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Jasem

KStars: KDE Planetarium