[Kstars-devel] removing KStars::privatedata class

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jul 26 05:20:16 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'd like to remove the KStars::privatedata class (declared at the end of
kstars.h).  It just contains pointers for the KStars, KStarsData, and
KStarsSplash objects, as well as the buildGUI() function.  I don't really see
the purpose of this class; the KStarsData and KStarsSplash objects and the
buildGUI() function can just as well be members of KStars instead.

I guess this class was created to conform to the "d-pointer" style of KDE
coding.  However, since we are not a library, we don't really need to
maintain BC.

If there are no arguments for keeping privatedata, I'll remove it as part of
my current effort to simplify the startup proceudres.

regards,

KStars: KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars