[Kstars-devel] FLI filter wheel support

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Feb 27 16:39:43 CET 2005

Hello Gaetano,

> Hello,
> I am currently writing (better, trying to write) an
> INDI driver for a FLI filter wheel. At the moment I am
> able to connect and disconnect from the device and
> smoothly change the current slot. It is a very simple
> device and the code was mostly derived from the fliccd
> driver.

Grats! I'm glad you're working on the filter wheel driver. We do need a
driver for it in the INDI repository.

> Unfortunately it was not possible to support this
> device without some features that are present in
> libfli 1.13 so I backported a couple of file from 1.13
> to 1.11, the one currently available in KStars (it was
> very easy, anyway).
> The code is in a pre alpha stage but I am quite happy
> because it works and it is interesting to develop with
> INDI (thank you Jasem).
>
> I don't know if and how it is possible to eventually
> merge this code into kstars, anyway I will be happy to
> give more info if anybody is interested.

Sure, just send me a patch against KStars HEAD for the libfli updates, and
also send me the INDI driver for the filter wheel. I'll test it locally then
commit it.

Thanks again for your work! Keep on the great job.

Clear skies,
Jasem