[Kstars-devel] HEAD is open

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Feb 25 23:26:16 CET 2005

Hello,

Coolo announced today that he has tagged KDE_3_4_0_RELEASE and KDE_3_4_BRANCH,
and that HEAD is once again open for development.  So if you make a bugfix in
HEAD, it will need to be backported.

However, he notes that KDE_3_4_BRANCH is still release-frozen, meaning that no
commits to it should be made without discussion on kde-core-devel.  I imagine
that the BRANCH will be open for backports when 3.4.0 is actually released
(scheduled for March 16th).

But HEAD is wide open, so if you make a bugfix before BRANCH is unfrozen,
please add the string "TO BE BACKPORTED" to the commit log.

thanks,
Jason

PS- don't know if everyone's been following the k-c-d discussions, but the CVS
situation is going to get a bit complicated in the next few months...we are
switching to subversion, and will eventually be switching to Qt-4.0 (when
it's released).  Just a heads-up.