[Kstars-devel] FLI CCD indi control panel

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Feb 16 16:18:11 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 02:00 am, Gaetano Vocca wrote:
> Dear all,
> a little remark about usability regarding the FLI CCD INDI control panel.
> In the Expose tab there is the group of components devoted to show and set
> the sensor temperature. The problem is that the slider used to set the
> desidered temperature is updated periodically together with the label on
> the right and the text field on its left. It is a little tricky to use this
> slider to set the level because, while you move it, it is reset to the
> current value red from the camera.
> Is it possible to use the slider and the associated text box to set the
> temperature and, eg. only the label to know the current level?
>
> I don't know how (and where) this interface is created so I don't know how
> to help :-(
>
> Thank you
> Gaetano

Hello Gaetano,

The slider is supposed to show the current value of the property. So in case
of the temperature, if the temperature is being updated, you can change that
value using the edit box, instead of the slider. I considered the pros and
cons of this arrangement before. Users would prefer a visual reference of the
current value with respect to the maximum/minimum values.

Cheers,
Jasem