[Kstars-devel] FLI CCD indi control panel

Gaetano Vocca yagvoc-web at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 17 09:26:47 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 15:18, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 02:00 am, Gaetano Vocca wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > a little remark about usability regarding the FLI CCD INDI control panel.
> > In the Expose tab there is the group of components devoted to show and
> > set the sensor temperature. The problem is that the slider used to set
> > the desidered temperature is updated periodically together with the label
> > on the right and the text field on its left. It is a little tricky to use
> > this slider to set the level because, while you move it, it is reset to
> > the current value red from the camera.
> > Is it possible to use the slider and the associated text box to set the
> > temperature and, eg. only the label to know the current level?
> >
> > I don't know how (and where) this interface is created so I don't know
> > how to help :-(
> >
> > Thank you
> > Gaetano
>
> Hello Gaetano,
>
> The slider is supposed to show the current value of the property. So in
> case of the temperature, if the temperature is being updated, you can
> change that value using the edit box, instead of the slider. I considered
> the pros and cons of this arrangement before. Users would prefer a visual
> reference of the current value with respect to the maximum/minimum values.
>
> Cheers,
> Jasem

Hello Jasem,
thank you for your answer.
I see your point and I like a visual reference of the current value too, but
the edit box is also updated. It happens, infact, that while I am writing the
new value in the edit box, it is reset to the current value so that I have to
write ad set it again.
Apart from that let me thank you and the whole kstars group for your great
work!

Cheers,
Gaetano