[Kstars-devel] Re: KStars and the Open Publication License

kstars at 30doradus.org kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Oct 18 01:50:39 CEST 2004

Hello Ben,

Oh god, not again!  This is really ironic.  The current moon images were
contributed by a KStars user in response to my call for help on our
webpage, because you Debian guys didn't like my original moon pictures,
which were used with permission of the author.

Given that he contributed the images so that KStars would have
DFSG-compliant moon images, I am confident that the author will agree
to relicense them under the GPL (hopefully still deemed acceptable over
at Debian World HQ).  We chose the OPL at the time because we were under
the (apparently mistaken) impression that it is essentially the GPL for
non-programmatical creative works.

Please don't remove the images, just give me a few days to track down
his email and wait for his reply (and please excuse my frustration; I
know it's important to get this stuff right, it's just, well,
frustrating sometimes).

regards,