[Kstars-devel] Re: KStars and the Open Publication License

Ben Burton bab at debian.org
Mon Oct 18 02:47:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

> This is really ironic.  The current moon images were
> contributed by a KStars user in response to my call for help on our
> webpage, because you Debian guys didn't like my original moon pictures,
> which were used with permission of the author.

Yes, I do remember that.  I feel bad doing this again, but debian tends
to get quite fussy about what is 'free enough' (I guess this comes with
a community-based distribution for which freeness of software is one of
its core priorities).

> Please don't remove the images, just give me a few days to track down
> his email and wait for his reply

Sure, no rush.

> (and please excuse my frustration; I
> know it's important to get this stuff right, it's just, well,
> frustrating sometimes).

I understand, and I do appreciate your help with this.

Ben.