[Kstars-devel] [Newb][New version]Installation...

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Jan 31 18:18:50 CET 2004

Hello, Jean-Baptiste,

Yes, you can compile the latest kstars from CVS under KDE 3.1.x, but it
requires a few changes.

First: cd to the kdeedu directory, and edit the file "configure.in.in".
The first line in this file is "#MIN_CONFIG".  Change it to
"#MIN_CONFIG(3.1)".

The part about UI files you should not have to worry about, since you
have Qt 3.2 installed.  So actually, after making the change to
configure.in.in, it should work for you.

Let us know how it goes!
Jason

On Saturday 31 January 2004 10:07 am, JB wrote:
> Hi all :)
>
> I'm using Kstars to prepare my astronomy nights and I tried to
> install new version (with INDI... To control my LX200 ... :))  )
> First : So I tried to compil CVS TAR foud on sourceforge...
> 6/04/2003... no INDI... Second : I've downloaded CVS current version
>
> I'm not a newb on Linux but I'm very Newb in compiling... (and in
> bash "me" > /dev/null)
>
> I Installed qt 3.2 on my system (Mandrake 9.2)... My question :
> Do I need Absolutely KDE 3.2 ? (I actually have 3.1.3)
> I read in archives some messages about this dated from December and
> Januar... I made what guys said... (but don't understand
> "ui"files....)
>
> When I compile kstars, I have a error :
> "The important program kconfig_compiler not found..."
> can I fix this ? (step by step please :))  )
>
> I'm so impatient to test INDI interface...
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> 						Jean-Baptiste
>
> PS : If I can make it works I include it is this :
> http://www.lin4astro.org/  (a especially webcamers distribution)

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars