[Kstars-devel] [Newb][New version]Installation...

JB ashashiwa at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 31 18:07:24 CET 2004

Hi all :)

I'm using Kstars to prepare my astronomy nights and I tried to install new version (with
INDI... To control my LX200 ... :))  )
First : So I tried to compil CVS TAR foud on sourceforge... 6/04/2003... no INDI...
Second : I've downloaded CVS current version

I'm not a newb on Linux but I'm very Newb in compiling... (and in bash "me" > /dev/null)

I Installed qt 3.2 on my system (Mandrake 9.2)... My question :
Do I need Absolutely KDE 3.2 ? (I actually have 3.1.3)
I read in archives some messages about this dated from December and Januar... I made
what guys said... (but don't understand "ui"files....)

When I compile kstars, I have a error :
"The important program kconfig_compiler not found..."
can I fix this ? (step by step please :))  )

I'm so impatient to test INDI interface...

Thanks for your help,

						Jean-Baptiste

PS : If I can make it works I include it is this : http://www.lin4astro.org/  (a especially
webcamers distribution)