[Kstars-devel] kstars is great :)

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri Aug 27 12:35:24 CEST 2004

Yesterday night was so clear that I couldn't stay at home: I went out
(alone) to the top of a mountain near here with the telescope and the
laptop.

I own a Nexstar gt114. Using it with kstars is *real* fun. When you
watch the computer screen you can quickly find an interesting object,
with a mouse click the telescope turns and there it is.

Next autumn/winter I think I will always bring the laptop when we
prepare observing nights for schools.

One only thing: the "what's up tonite" is nice but you cannot interact
with the object presented there. It would be very useful to have the
same "right click" behaviour as when you click on the main screen.

I tried to patch kstars for this purpose. I added a KSPopupMenu in
wutdialogui.h and a slot in wutdialog.cpp connected to the
rightButtonPressed signal of "ObjectListBox" but when I test kstars
freezes or crashes. I should study the inside of kstars much better,
but: do you think it's easy to add such a function?

Thank you
ciao
Alessio Sangalli