Build help - (pretty) please

Steve Maher steve.f.maher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:44:54 GMT 2019

Hi all,

I'm looking for a kind soul to guide me with building kst.

I was having issues with a pyKst thingy and decided to (once again) try to
build kst and understand/fix my own issue instead of posting for help.

This is the third time in about 3 years I've attempted to build and have
yet to succeed.

I'll try and make this concise ... to attract a nibble =)

   - I'm assuming Linux is the smoothest process, so I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.1
   and using the github tip (commit 741973 right now).
   - I've tried following both INSTALL and INSTALL.qmake (I'm not sure
   which one to follow).  Both have failed.   For this email, assume
   INSTALL.qmake.
   - I've installed QT5 (open source, set QTDIR to /opt/Qt), pkg-config,
   gsl-bin and generator scripting language (don't know which one kst needs -
   but it is still complaining!)
   - Because of the gsl complaint, I've DISABLED (set to 0) DISABLE_GSL,
   CFITSIO, and DIRFILE in config.pri
   - cmake --version returns 3.10.2

output of ./build-kst

mce at ubuntu18:~/git/kst$ ./build-kst
Building Kst from /home/mce/git/kst into /home/mce/git/kst/build
Building in Debug mode
Reading /home/mce/git/kst/src/libkst/libkst.pro
[/home/mce/git/kst/build/src/libkst]
WARNING: Failure to find: builtindatasources.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: datasourcepluginfactory.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: builtindatasources.h

[snip]

cd src/libkst/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mce/git/kst/build/src/libkst'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'builtindatasources.cpp', needed by
'tmp/builtindatasources.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mce/git/kst/build/src/libkst'
Makefile:48: recipe for target 'sub-src-libkst-make_default-ordered' failed
make: *** [sub-src-libkst-make_default-ordered] Error 2

The files are in the tree

mce at ubuntu18:~/git/kst$ find | grep builtind
./src/libkstapp/builtindatasources.cpp
./src/libkstapp/builtindatasources.h

I don't know enough cmake at this point to debug.  Any tips would be
GREATLY appreciated!

Steve