[Kst] 2.0.8

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 20 21:33:57 UTC 2014

On February 19, 2014 9:20:31 PM Ben Lewis wrote:

> Hi Barth,
>
> In my opinion, these bugs should be fixed before releasing 2.0.8:
>
>   * Kst reads the entire first vector, at semi-regular intervals, instead of
> reading just the new data appended to the end of the file. This makes it
> difficult to work with large, live, data files because the full vector read
> slows everything down too much.

I have not been able to reproduce this, though it sounds like a file system
related race condition is triggering the re-load.  Can you give me some
details like OS, filesystem, local or remote, media type, data accumulation
rate (fields/row and rows/s), file format, etc.

> *   "Out of Memory" error
> http://kde.6490.n7.nabble.com/Out-of-memory-error-td1555215.html The error
> message has been improved but the message still appears when it shouldn't.

I also can't reproduce this.  Can you give me details (OS, file size)?  Is the
data being updated real time during the read?  At what rate?

>   * I sometimes get snippets of data missing in a live plot. If I restart
> Kst and reload the data there are no missing bits. This seems to happen
> when there is a large amount of network traffic (my data file is not on a
> local disk). This is hard to reproduce so it's probably not worth worrying
> about at this stage.

Yes.... are you using smb or nfs?  Is it at all correlated with the first bug?

--
Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto