egretengineering at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:20:31 UTC 2014
In my opinion, these bugs should be fixed before releasing 2.0.8:
* Kst reads the entire first vector, at semi-regular intervals, instead of reading just the new
data appended to the end of the file. This makes it difficult to work with large, live, data
files because the full vector read slows everything down too much.
* "Out of Memory" error http://kde.6490.n7.nabble.com/Out-of-memory-error-td1555215.html The
error message has been improved but the message still appears when it shouldn't.
Here are some other, less important, bugs that I'm aware of:
* "FFT Length" is editable when "Interleaved Average" is deselected.
* Time axis does not update after changing sample frequency.
* Temporary memory is not freed after reading data from an ASCII file. As it stands now,
approximately twice as much RAM is used than is really necessary. I will submit a bug report for
* I sometimes get snippets of data missing in a live plot. If I restart Kst and reload the data
there are no missing bits. This seems to happen when there is a large amount of network traffic
(my data file is not on a local disk). This is hard to reproduce so it's probably not worth
worrying about at this stage.
If you need clarification or further testing on any of these please let me know. I'm happy to help
out in any way I can.
On 19/02/2014 10:00 AM, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> What is the status of the Ascii file reader? Are we ready to release?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kst