[Kst] Kst as auto-configurable plotting/data processing component?

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Fri Sep 14 21:53:28 UTC 2012

Hi Herman,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for, but my guess is that python scripting should allow you to do it.
It is available as beta under Linux but it is still incomplete, in particular we are still lacking bindings for some objects like plugins.
I don't know whether you have installed Kst from sources or as binary package, nor under which OS (and which version). But 2.0.6 compiled under Linux with the right prerequisites already allows some  quite interesting applications.
I can't really tell you how much a student could achieve in 1-2 months. It strongly depends on his background. But a good IT student with Qt/python knowledge could certainly bring quite something, for scripting or something else. I'll let Barth give his opinion, he knows much better how scripting has been implemented anc can probably give a more precise answer.
If there are other areas of Kst you'd like to improve (or have improved), let us know.

Nicolas