[Kst] Kst as auto-configurable plotting/data processing component?

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.be
Sat Sep 15 08:52:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Nicolas Brisset wrote:

> Hi Herman,
>
> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for, but my guess
> is that python scripting should allow you to do it.

That is also my _guess_, but I did not find more concrete information that
could turn my guess into certainty :-)

> It is available as beta under Linux but it is still incomplete, in
> particular we are still lacking bindings for some objects like plugins.
> I don't know whether you have installed Kst from sources or as binary
> package, nor under which OS (and which version). But 2.0.6 compiled under
> Linux with the right prerequisites already allows some  quite interesting
> applications.

If needed, we will compile from source, even beta versions. We are not
aiming at production-ready results right away.

> I can't really tell you how much a student could achieve in 1-2 months.
> It strongly depends on his background. But a good IT student with
> Qt/python knowledge could certainly bring quite something, for scripting
> or something else. I'll let Barth give his opinion, he knows much better
> how scripting has been implemented anc can probably give a more precise
> answer.

Fine! I am looking forward to more concrete pointers about the state of
affairs of Kst's Python scripting.

> If there are other areas of Kst you'd like to improve (or have improved), let us know.

We will! :-)

> Nicolas

Herman