[Kst] Tasks for Google Code-In

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Nov 15 08:19:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 00:03,  <nicolas.brisset at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as discussed some time ago, I have just added some Kst tasks to the KDE Google Code-In Page (http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011/Ideas). After Lydia's feedback and for a first participation I limited to the following "easier" proposals:
> - Kst: add Matlab .mat data source using matio
> - Kst: date/time support for the ASCII data source
> - Kst: refresh Kst documentation for Kst 2.x
> - Kst: set-up dedicated forum on forum.kde.org
> - Kst 2.x: get ready for translation

Thanks for adding those! One small thing: As it is written right now I
think people will assume the email address given is your personal
address and not a mailing list. Maybe worth clarifying.

> I don't even know how big chances are that we get a single student, but at least we'll have tried it! And the identified "junior jobs" can be reused at a later time...

I think chances are pretty good :)

> So, get going: promote those ideas!

The admins will be moving the tasks to Melange (the system that
handles code-in) in the next days. The students will start coming in
on 21st. If some of them ask you if they can do tasks before that
please decline as that'd not count towards the contest. They should
come back when the contest opens and claim the task in Melange.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member