[Kst] Re: Cannot open ascii files with 2.0.3

Svenn Are Bjerkem svenn.bjerkem at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 19:05:07 CEST 2011

On 18 May 2011 18:24, Brisset, Nicolas <Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com> wrote:
> Hi Svenn,
>
> we already had this issue. I remember having it myself, and at some point it disappeared. We have never been able to nail it down, though. I don't know whether it's a Qt bug or a kst bug. I think if you close kst and try it again at some point it starts working. I think it has something to do with wrong default settings, but I may be wrong...
>
> Keep us informed of your findings. And I'll try to test it with a fresh user...

When running from the command line this is the only thing printed, but
I have no idea if it has anything to do with the issue.
Kst(22566)/: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-svennb/ksycoca4"
I am running kde3.5.10 as my desktop, but complete kde4 should be
installed and qt 4.6.3 with dev files /should/ be there, but I'll take
this opportunity to make sure my system is as up to date as possible.

I also used a 'rm `locate libkst | grep local | grep usr`' to try to
prune out any /usr/local based files remaining from previous builds.
It looks to me as if the build-kst and install-kst scripts will
install in /usr/lib and not in /usr/local. Unfortunately, that did not
make a change.

--
Svenn